Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Family

My husband and I come from rather large families. He has 4 brothers and 5 sisters and I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters. Josiah's siblings all have the same mother and father. They all grew up together and they are fairly close as far as brothers and sisters go. Very easy to explain to new people. My family is a nightmare to explain. Here's the break down of my family.

Jessie and I have the same mother but we have different fathers. Katie, Ricky, Lisa, Alicia, Haden and I all have the same father but different mothers. Kali and Nick are my step-sister and step-brother. Katie, Ricky, and Lisa all have the same mother. Kali, Nick and Haden all have the same mother. My father had Alicia with Katie, Ricky, and Lisa's mother's sister.

But wait there's more:

My mother couldn't raise my brother Jessie so my great aunt adopted him. Which means that legally he is now my cousin but biologically he is my half brother.

And...

My sister Katie is engaged to my mother's half brother Russell. Russell and my mother have the same father but different mothers. This means that technically my sister is getting married to my uncle but they are not blood related to each other. Which means that Russell is going to be my son's uncle/great uncle.

I hate how backwoods hillbilly it all sounds. Which is why when people ask about my family I just tell them that I have 4 sisters and 4 brothers and I leave it at that.



No comments:

Post a Comment